🥦 Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- First, heat the vegetable oil in your cast iron wok over medium-high heat. This will ensure that the vegetables cook quickly and evenly.
- Next, add the minced garlic to the hot oil and stir it around until it releases its aroma. This will infuse the oil with a nice garlic flavor.
- Then, add the sliced bell peppers, zucchini, carrot, and broccoli florets to the wok. These vegetables were chosen for their vibrant colors and varied textures, but feel free to substitute with your favorites.
- Stir-fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes or until they are tender-crisp. This means they should still have a bit of a bite to them, not be completely soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk together the soy sauce, cornstarch, and vegetable broth in a small bowl. This mixture will serve as a simple, flavorful sauce for the stir-fry.
- Pour the sauce over the stir-fried vegetables and stir well to ensure all the vegetables are coated. The heat from the wok will cause the sauce to thicken and become glossy.
- Let everything cook for another 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Finally, sprinkle some sesame seeds over the stir-fry before serving, if desired. These add a nice crunch and a touch of nuttiness to the dish.
This vegetable stir-fry is a versatile dish that can be customized to your liking. Feel free to add some tofu or chicken for extra protein, or play around with the vegetables and sauce ingredients to create your own version.
Wok cooking is an art, and mastering it can lead to some of the most flavorful, healthy, and quick meals you can imagine. Our Vegetable Stir-fry is a vibrant example of this culinary technique, bringing together an array of colorful vegetables and a savory sauce, all cooked to perfection in a wok.
Stir-frying is a cooking method that originated from Asia, and it's all about high heat and quick cooking. This method helps to retain the nutrients in the vegetables, making it a healthy choice. Our Vegetable Stir-fry recipe is a testament to the versatility of wok cooking. You can switch up the vegetables based on what's in season or what's in your fridge. And if you're wondering about other vegetable stir-fry combinations, we've got you covered.
One of the key elements of a good stir-fry is the sauce. It's what binds all the ingredients together and gives the dish its distinctive flavor. Our recipe uses a simple yet flavorful combination of soy sauce, cornstarch, and vegetable broth. But if you're feeling adventurous and want to experiment with different flavors, check out our guide on how to make stir-fry sauce.
While our Vegetable Stir-fry is a complete meal in itself, you can always add some protein to it. Tofu, chicken, or shrimp would make excellent additions. And if you're looking for more inspiration, our simple recipes for wok cooking are sure to spark your culinary creativity.
Lastly, don't forget the power of garnish. A sprinkle of sesame seeds not only adds an extra layer of flavor but also enhances the visual appeal of the dish. So, grab your wok and let's get cooking!