🥢 Stir-Fried Tofu with Vegetables and Tangy Sauce Recipe 🌱
Stir-Fried Tofu with Vegetables and Tangy Sauce
You will need:
- Extra firm tofu
- Mixed vegetables (bell peppers, carrots, broccoli)
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Cooking oil
- Green onions
- Start by pressing the tofu for 15 minutes to remove excess water and then cut it into cubes.
- Heat the cooking oil in your wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the tofu cubes to the wok and stir-fry until they are golden brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the mixed vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender-crisp.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, cornstarch, and sesame oil to make the tangy sauce.
- Add the tofu back into the wok, pour the sauce over, and stir well to coat everything evenly.
- Garnish with sliced green onions before serving.
For a spicier kick, you can add some chili flakes or sriracha to the sauce. You can also substitute the vegetables with your favorites or what you have on hand.
If you're a fan of the sizzling sounds and tantalizing aromas that come with wok cooking, you're going to love our Stir-Fried Tofu with Vegetables and Tangy Sauce recipe. This dish combines the firm bite of tofu with the vibrant crunch of mixed vegetables, all tossed in a tangy sauce that's sure to make your taste buds dance. Whether you're a seasoned wok master or a novice, this recipe is a fantastic way to explore the versatility of wok cooking.
Begin your culinary journey with extra firm tofu, a staple in many diverse Asian recipes for wok cooking. The tofu's texture holds up well against the high heat of the wok and absorbs the flavors of the sauce beautifully. The mixed vegetables not only add a pop of color but also a delightful crunch that contrasts the tofu's softness.
Garlic and ginger, two pillars of Asian cuisine, lend their aromatic qualities to the dish. The tangy sauce, a blend of soy sauce, rice vinegar, cornstarch, and sesame oil, is the heart of the recipe. If you've ever wondered why your stir-fry sauce never turns out right, this recipe provides a simple and delicious solution.
While this recipe is perfect as is, don't be afraid to make it your own. Feel free to substitute the vegetables with your favorites or what you have on hand. If you're looking for more inspiration, check out our suggestions for ingredients that enhance the taste of stir-fry veggies.
This Stir-Fried Tofu with Vegetables and Tangy Sauce recipe is not only a feast for the eyes and palate, but it's also a healthy choice. Wok cooking uses less oil than traditional frying methods, making it a great option for those seeking healthy and tasty recipes for wok cooking.
So, grab your wok and let's get cooking. This flavorful, vibrant dish is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen.