🥢 Stir-Fried Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
Stir-Fried Kung Pao Chicken
You will need:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- First, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in your wok over medium heat. This will ensure your chicken doesn't stick to the wok.
- Add the chicken pieces to the wok. Stir-fry them until they're fully cooked. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add the diced bell pepper and minced garlic to the wok. Continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes. The bell pepper should be slightly softened but still crisp.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, and 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. This will be your Kung Pao sauce.
- Pour the Kung Pao sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the wok. Stir everything well to ensure the sauce coats all the ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup of unsalted dry roasted peanuts to the wok and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. The peanuts add a delightful crunch to the dish.
- Finally, serve your Stir-Fried Kung Pao Chicken hot. It pairs excellently with steamed rice or noodles.
For a vegetarian version, substitute the chicken with tofu or your favorite vegetables. Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to control the spiciness of the dish.
Looking to add some excitement to your dinner routine? Look no further than our delicious Stir-Fried Kung Pao Chicken recipe. Packed with bold flavors and tender chicken, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Plus, it's quick and easy to make in your trusty wok!
To make this recipe, you'll need a few simple ingredients. Start with 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces. Heat up your wok with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and stir-fry the chicken until it's cooked through. Then, add in 1 diced bell pepper and 2 cloves of minced garlic, and stir-fry for an additional 2 minutes.
In a separate bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, and 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. Pour this sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the wok, and stir well to coat everything evenly. Finally, add in 1/2 cup of unsalted dry roasted peanuts and cook for another 2 minutes.
Serve your Stir-Fried Kung Pao Chicken hot with rice or noodles for a complete and satisfying meal. The combination of savory chicken, crunchy peanuts, and a hint of spice from the red pepper flakes is simply irresistible. And if you're looking to switch things up, you can easily make a vegetarian version by substituting the chicken with tofu or your favorite vegetables.
With its quick cooking time and bold flavors, this Stir-Fried Kung Pao Chicken recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or when you're craving a taste of Asian cuisine. And the best part? You can make it all in your handy wok, which is a versatile and essential tool for any aspiring home cook.
At Hip Wok, we're passionate about wok cooking and bringing you the best recipes and tips to elevate your culinary skills. Whether you're a seasoned wok enthusiast or just starting out, we've got you covered with our ultimate guide to wok cooking. From choosing the best wok to seasoning it properly, we'll help you become a wok cooking pro in no time.
So why wait? Grab your wok and get ready to stir-fry your way to deliciousness with our Stir-Fried Kung Pao Chicken recipe. Your taste buds will thank you!