🍛 Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe
Kimchi Fried Rice
You will need:
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of kimchi, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- First, heat the sesame oil in your wok over medium heat. The oil will add a rich, nutty flavor to your dish.
- Next, add the minced garlic and diced onion to the wok. Stir-fry these ingredients until they become fragrant. This step is crucial as it forms the flavor base of your fried rice.
- Then, add the chopped kimchi and kimchi juice to the wok. Stir-fry for a few minutes until the kimchi is slightly caramelized. The kimchi juice will give the rice a nice, spicy kick.
- Now, add the cooked rice to the wok. Make sure to mix well so that the rice is evenly coated with the kimchi mixture.
- Push the rice to the side of the wok, then crack the eggs on the other side. Let them cook for a bit before scrambling them. Once the eggs are scrambled, mix them with the rice.
- Add the soy sauce and chopped green onions to the wok. Stir well to ensure that the flavors are well distributed throughout the rice.
- Finally, sprinkle your dish with sesame seeds before serving. This will add a nice crunch and aesthetic appeal to your kimchi fried rice.
For the best results, use day-old rice as it's drier and less sticky than fresh rice. This will ensure that your fried rice doesn't turn out mushy.
Are you craving a delicious and flavorful Asian dish? Look no further than our Kimchi Fried Rice recipe! Packed with the tangy goodness of kimchi and the comforting flavors of sesame oil and garlic, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Plus, it's quick and easy to make, perfect for a weeknight dinner or a lazy weekend brunch.
To make this mouthwatering dish, you'll need a few simple ingredients. Start with 2 cups of cooked rice, preferably day-old rice for the best texture. Then, grab 1 cup of chopped kimchi, 2 tablespoons of kimchi juice, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1/4 cup of diced onion, 2 eggs, 2 chopped green onions, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds.
Now, let's get cooking! Heat up your trusty wok and add the sesame oil. Once it's hot, toss in the garlic and onion, and stir-fry until they become fragrant. Next, add the chopped kimchi and kimchi juice, and stir-fry for a few minutes until everything is well combined.
Now, it's time to add the star of the show – the cooked rice! Mix it in with the other ingredients, ensuring that every grain is coated with the flavorful goodness. Push the rice to one side of the wok and crack the eggs onto the other side. Scramble the eggs until they're cooked, and then mix them with the rice.
To enhance the flavors even further, add the soy sauce and chopped green onions to the wok. Stir everything together until the ingredients are evenly distributed and the rice is coated with the savory sauce. Finally, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top for a delightful crunch.
Before you dig in, here's a pro tip: using day-old rice will give you the best results. The drier texture of day-old rice prevents your fried rice from becoming mushy and sticky. So, plan ahead and cook some extra rice the day before for an even more satisfying meal.
Now that you have the recipe for our delicious Kimchi Fried Rice, it's time to gather your ingredients, fire up your wok, and start cooking! Whether you're a seasoned wok enthusiast or a beginner looking to explore the world of Asian cuisine, this recipe is sure to impress. So, grab your chopsticks and get ready to savor the flavors of this delightful dish. Enjoy!