🥣 Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
Hot and Sour Soup
You will need:
- 200g tofu
- 100g shiitake mushrooms
- 50g bamboo shoots
- 1.5 liters chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 green onions
- Start by cutting the tofu, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots into thin slices.
- In a large pot, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the tofu, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots to the pot.
- Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, and white pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Slowly pour the beaten eggs into the soup, stirring constantly.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little cold water to make a slurry and add it to the soup to thicken it.
- Chop the green onions and sprinkle them on top of the soup before serving.
You can adjust the amount of vinegar and white pepper to make the soup more or less hot and sour according to your preference.
Embrace the warmth and comfort of a classic Asian dish with our Hot and Sour Soup recipe. This traditional Chinese soup is a delightful mix of spicy and tangy flavors, guaranteed to tickle your taste buds and warm your soul. With ingredients like tofu, shiitake mushrooms, and bamboo shoots, this soup is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients.
Our Hot and Sour Soup recipe is a testament to the versatility and richness of Asian cuisine. It's a perfect example of how simple ingredients can come together to create a dish that's more than the sum of its parts. If you're a fan of soups, you might also enjoy exploring other global soup recipes in our Soup's On: A Global Journey Through the Tastes and Textures of Soup article.
What sets this soup apart is its unique balance of flavors. The spiciness from the white pepper and the tanginess from the vinegar create a harmony that's both exciting and comforting. And the best part? You can adjust the levels of these two ingredients to make the soup as hot or as sour as you prefer.
For those exploring vegan options, this recipe can easily be adapted. Simply replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth to enjoy a vegan version of this classic soup. If you're looking for more vegan soup inspiration, check out our delicious vegan soup recipes.
And if you're a fan of Chinese cuisine, don't stop at this soup. There are many more fast, easy, and tasty Chinese recipes waiting for you to discover on our site. From stir-fries to dumplings, there's a whole world of flavors to explore.
So, why wait? Dive into the world of wok cooking with our Hot and Sour Soup recipe. It's a culinary journey that promises to be as rewarding as it is delicious. Happy cooking!