🥦 Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
You will need:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- First, heat the vegetable oil in your newly seasoned wok over medium-high heat. The wok should be hot, but not smoking
- Add the minced garlic and ginger to the wok. Stir-fry these for about 30 seconds, just until they're fragrant. This will infuse the oil with their flavors
- Next, add the sliced bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, and broccoli florets to the wok. Stir-fry these vegetables for about 5-7 minutes, or until they're just starting to get tender. Remember to keep the vegetables moving to prevent them from burning
- In a separate bowl, mix together the soy sauce, cornstarch, and water. This will create a simple stir-fry sauce
- Pour this sauce over the stir-fried vegetables in the wok. Stir well to ensure all the vegetables are coated in the sauce
- Continue to cook the stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened up nicely
- Finally, garnish your vegetable stir-fry with chopped green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds before serving. This adds a nice crunch and extra flavor to the dish
Feel free to substitute any of the vegetables with your favorites or whatever you have on hand. You can also add tofu or chicken for extra protein.
Unleash the power of your wok with this vibrant and healthful Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry recipe. Packed with colorful vegetables, it's a feast for the eyes as much as it is for the palate. This recipe is a perfect example of how simple ingredients can be transformed into a flavorful meal, all in one pan.
Each vegetable in this recipe has been carefully chosen to provide a unique texture and flavor, creating a balanced and satisfying dish. The combination of bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, and broccoli ensures a variety of nutrients, making this stir-fry as good for you as it is delicious. But the beauty of stir-fry is its flexibility. Feel free to substitute any of the vegetables with your favorites or whatever you have on hand. For those seeking to add a protein punch to their meal, tofu or chicken would be a perfect addition.
At the heart of any good stir-fry is the sauce. Our recipe uses a simple yet flavorful blend of soy sauce, cornstarch, and water, creating a savory glaze that coats each vegetable perfectly. If you're looking for more sauce options, check out our guide on how to make stir-fry sauce.
Stir-frying is a quick and easy cooking method that retains the crunch and nutrients of the vegetables while infusing them with the flavors of garlic and ginger. If you're new to wok cooking, or simply looking for more recipe ideas, be sure to explore our selection of simple recipes for wok cooking.
Finally, don't forget the garnish! A sprinkle of chopped green onions and sesame seeds adds a final touch of freshness and crunch to this delightful stir-fry. So grab your wok, gather your ingredients, and let's embark on a tasty stir-fry adventure!