Eladio Stark is a seasoned professional chef, renowned for his work in various Michelin-starred establishments. His unique take on traditional Asian cuisine, particularly his creative use of wok cooking, has made a mark in the culinary world.
I'm thrilled to share with you a delicious recipe for stewing beef stir fry! This dish combines the rich flavors of tender beef and vibrant vegetables, all cooked to perfection in a wok. It's a fantastic way to enjoy the best of both worlds - the hearty goodness of a stew and the quick cooking time of a stir fry. So, let's dive right in!
To make this mouthwatering stewing beef stir fry, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of beef, such as sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now, let's get cooking!
1. Start by heating your wok over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and swirl it around to coat the surface of the wok.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the thinly sliced beef to the wok. Stir-fry the beef for about 2-3 minutes until it's browned and cooked through. Remove the beef from the wok and set it aside.
3. In the same wok, add the sliced onion and minced garlic. Stir-fry for about 1 minute until they become fragrant and slightly softened.
4. Next, add the bell pepper, broccoli florets, and carrot to the wok. Stir-fry the vegetables for about 2-3 minutes until they are crisp-tender.
5. Now, it's time to bring the stewing element to our stir fry. Pour in the beef broth, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir everything together and let the mixture come to a simmer.
6. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the wok. Allow the stew to simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together and the vegetables to soften slightly.
7. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and give the cornstarch mixture a good stir. Pour it into the wok and stir everything together. The cornstarch will thicken the sauce, giving it a luscious consistency.
8. Finally, add the cooked beef back into the wok and stir everything together. Let the beef warm through for about 1-2 minutes.
9. Season the stewing beef stir fry with salt and pepper to taste. Give it a final stir, and it's ready to be served!
This stewing beef stir fry is incredibly versatile. You can enjoy it as is, or serve it over steamed rice or noodles for a more substantial meal. Feel free to customize the recipe by adding your favorite vegetables or adjusting the seasonings to suit your taste.
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy the delightful combination of stewing and stir-frying. For more Asian-inspired recipes and tips on wok cooking, be sure to visit Hip Wok. Happy cooking!
Chef Bao Bao